Saturday, April 16, 2011

One Giantly Massive Update (or...I am really not so good at this blogging thing, am I?)

Once again I turn to my poor neglected blog.

Poor thing. Ignored like the ugly stepchild, forgotten, half remembered as I am dragging myself to bed at 2 am. I'll do it tomorrow, I think. Then tomorrow turns into next week, next month, next year...

I can tell looking at my blog list which of my friends have had babies in the past year, for they who once posted like clockwork now are haphazard. Not that I blame them. I don't know what it is about adding one extra small human to the mix that seems to suck the time right out of your day. You would think having one more added to the chaos wouldn't be that overwhelming, but it is! I have discovered (to my dismay) that there are never enough hours in the day, never enough food that everyone sitting at my table likes, or enough puzzles, toys, color books or hands to make the day any easier. Bedtime is still my favorite time of the day.


So here it goes, a quick snapshot of everything our family has done from last August to December...enjoy!





August 2010


In the early hours of the new morning on August 1, 2010, my dear grandmother slipped from this life into eternity. While not completely unexpected, her passing effected us greatly. I found myself trying to explain concepts of death and dying to my young children, I spent a few precious moments at my grandmother's bedside with my mother and aunts and cousins. Her wishes were simple and followed carefully by her children. We said goodbye to her at Sunset on August 2nd, a beautiful evening filled with memories and music that forever are in my heart. I think she would have been surprised at the outpouring of love and devotion expressed by the multitude that attended her graveside. Now I have a few things once hers gracing my home, things that help comfort me, for I still find myself thinking of her every day.



The next day, we took the children to the Copper Mine after a visit to the gravesite. (We did not have them attend the services due to their age, the heat and the solemnity of the event...and Jake in a cemetery with a pond full of ducks to torment...NOT a good idea.)



Sam started kindergarten at Oqirrh Mountain Charter School, he was so excited!



September 2010

Craig celebrated his birthday (just a few more years before the big 4-0, world!), and Jake started his Pre-K year at Reach Preschool.


October 2010

Sam celebrated his 6th birthday (we went to Boondocks). The kids were so excited for Halloween, and what a Halloween we had with two trunk or treats, a Halloween party, trick or treating and a couple of friends' birthday parties thrown into the mix!




November 2010


We celebrated Thanksgiving with Grammy and Poppy in their beautifully remodeled kitchen and main floor, and we welcomed baby CARTER!

December 2010


Sam participated in his kindergarten play about the pilgrims, a school holiday music concert(with no holiday music, go fig.). Jake had his Preschool Music program, I celebrated my birthday and we had a wonderful Christmas!



I will post further updates SOON, I promise! It's too much for one big blog post, for our lives are NEVER boring!

3 comments:

Avree said...

Yay you're back! (I'm not really one to talk, I'm not good at updating my blog either) Your kids sure are cute! I'm sorry about your grandmother.

Lisa Sanderson said...

I gasped loud enough for ten people don't worry. I'm so happy you updated your blog. Here goes my various comments on your events...First off I lost a very close grandmother four years ago, and I still think about her almost everyday, but I no longer cry about it. Your halloween sounds awesome and I'm totally digging the fairy costume that Miley has. I can't beleive how curly that girls hair is! Is there a better place to have a party than boondocks? Your Carter is such a cute little guy! And yes bed time is the absolute BEST time of every day.

Allison said...

Uhhh...apparently you haven't been reading my blog Sarah because this was NOT a long blog post. It was quick and to the point which was nice. I have a tendency to ramble so reading this was a breeze. Your family is super cute! :)