
We celebrated Sam's birthday this week, which deserves a post all by itself! I can't believe he's 4!!! Where did all the time go? I really understand why everyone says that you blink your eyes and they grow up! We asked Sam what he'd like to do for his birthday and he said "Have a Thomas Party." Well, since the train museum is look but don' t touch, we said he could have a Thomas train cake, but we needed to do something like the Dinosaur museum or the Children's Museum. He decided on the "kid's museum" and it's all he's talked about this week. But, to keep a part of the train in it, we took Frontrunner from Woods Cross into SLC and then Trax to Gateway, where the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum is. Both the boys loved the train ride! (Miley stayed with Grandma Karen for this outing so the boys could have Mom and Dad's undivided attention.)
The "Kid's Museum" was a lot of fun! They had a ball station where the boys had a blast watching the balls in all the machines and doodads. They also have the Kid's Eye View, which is a construction zone, house, market, gas station, water works and farm made just for kids. The boys enjoyed looking at things and trying out the different activites. We noticed that they tended to gravitate towards "kinetic" things, like the water works and balls, and they spent time looking and watching and trying to figure out how it all worked.
The museum also had a TV news studio and a Lifeflight helicopter the kids could look at and climb in and out of. We had fun clowning around in front of the green screen (a little Who's Line is it Anyway flashback) and seeing the boys "fly the hellicoppa" as Jake called it.



We when got done at the museum, we strolled around Gateway and then headed home on the train. Then, we ate some pizza at Robintino's, picked up Miley from Grandma's and then came home for presents, cake and ice cream! Yum!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMMY! YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF OUR LIFE AND SUCH A GREAT KID!! WE LOVE YOU!!!




















2 comments:
Happy Birthday Sam! I love the cake, what a good idea. Looks like you had a great time at the "kid museum". I still need to take my kids there, it was fun seeing the pictures of all the fun things to do. Oh, and I love your cute pumpkin background!
I can't beleive it, I remember when you were studying in the room across the hall from me, what happened? I miss the good ol' days we had! I can't wait until I can be home for good and I have a family of my own to share good times you with all of my family. Sam is so BIG, it looks like he had alot of fun and I wish him the very best and may blessings fall upon your family! I love ya Sis, take care.
Wade
Post a Comment