Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hey Sailor!


When I talked to my mom yesterday afternoon, she asked if we could meet the family at McGrath's at 8 pm. I said sure, wondering what it was all about. Mom just said that she and Dad had to "discuss" something with all of us (meaning Me and Craig, Joey and BriAnne) present. Then she said "Oh don't worry, it's a good thing."
So, I get this feeling "Wade's here." I tell Craig, who was at work dealing with nincompoop doctors about McGrath's. He was a little hesitant. (McGrath's=fish) But he said he'd meet us there. I clean up the kids and head over, grabbing the camera. (I learned a long time ago to trust those funny little feelings.) So...I was a little surprised to walk in and find no sailor there. I asked mom and dad, and they (sneaky sneaky) started going off on how I am sooo wrong and the Navy was jerking Wade's chain about his leave before going off to Zanzabar or wherever and he possibly won't be able to come home, when SUDDENLY--

IN WALKS A GORGEOUS SAILOR BOY!! WOWEE! WELCOME HOME WADE!!

He looks great! And it's great to get to see him! (And it's also nice in a small way to go, hah! I was right!) So now we get to see him before he goes on his deployment! The kids are ecstatic to have their "Unka Wade" to play with, and he got to cuddle miss Miley cuddlebug for the first time. So, thanks to all who said a prayer that he could come home! We're definately going to cherish this time before he goes and serves over ocean deep. God Bless the men and women AND their families in the military for all their service and sacrifice! Anchors Away! GOOO NAVY!!

1 comment:

Jody Neeley said...

What a fun surprise to see your brother! I love the slide show you put together, especially with him seeing Miley for the first time.